Dirpopulus UN: “anonymity of cryptocurrencies makes it difficult to fight cybercrime» – UN: “anonymity of cryptocurrencies makes it difficult to fight cybercrime» Cryptocurrencies latest news and history organized by date that contains 1000000+ news archives. Click here to read what world was saying about cryptocurrencies. October 23, 2020 in Opinion The Ethereum (ETH) is currently trading at $408 after a significant dip towards $400. Meltem Demirors, chief strategy officer of CoinShares, on PayPal’s moves in bitcoin. With CNBC’s Melissa Lee and the Fast Money traders, Guy Adami, Tim Seymour, Karen Finerman and Dan Nathan. For access to live and exclusive video from CNBC subscribe to CNBC PRO: https://cnb.cx/2NGeIvi PayPal on Wednesday announced a new feature that will allow users Cryptocurrencies latest news and history organized by date that contains 1000000+ news archives. Click here to read what world was saying about cryptocurrencies.
A representative of the United Nations (UN) said that cryptocurrencies significantly complicate global efforts to combat cybercrime due to their anonymity.
Neil Walsh, head of the cybercrime and money laundering division of the United Nations Office against drug trafficking and crime, made
the comments in an interview with the Australian broadcasting Corporation on Thursday. He noted that due to the anonymity of cryptocurrencies, the fight against cybercrime is much more complicated.
Walsh warned that cryptocurrencies are also used in crimes related to global networks of child sexual exploitation, which are more common than most of the public believes.
Earlier this month, the UN said it was investigating 35 cyber attacks carried out by hackers from North Korea. As reported Earlier, hackers from North Korea were responsible for stealing $2 billion from banks and cryptocurrency exchanges. According to researchers, North Korea used the stolen funds to Finance the development of weapons of mass destruction.
Author: admin Website https://dirpopulus.org
Cryptocurrencies archive news by date
Scammer Techniques in Cryptocurrencies. | The Standard
Cryptocurrencies have become renowned within years. Bitcoin is the latest invention and people are entering to earn handful profits. These currencies are volatile and keep on changing. Over the years it has taken many traders and gave them a rollercoaster ride. The real future of bitcoin is success but the reality will only burst when the bubble will finally burst.
The elevation in the use of bitcoin has attracted many people’s attention. They usually do not understand the basics of bitcoin and how to use it. They try to follow and adopt what many investors did earlier who got themselves earn millions out of few bucks. Without proper education they often fail.
Unfortunately, many people fall for hackers and for the scams. They lose all their investments that creates a culture of disinterest for others. Bitcoin being decentralised and not operated by the government is a major benefit. But this benefit paves way for the bitcoin frauds as well.
The bitcoin scams attract the people and in return they get nothing in hands. Some people have been drenched into severe depression by such frauds. They usually dream big and get wretched after such loses. So, use your mind every time you trade bitcoin using platforms!
Many schemes such as the Ponzi schemes introduced people to the investments in bitcoin. They usually use the new investor’s money to satisfy the already existing investors and promise to give investments in return.
Regrettably many people got victim of the fake Ponzi schemes and got nothing in return. Even last year three men were arrested for giving such fraud schemes. So, try not to fall for such schemes rather use bitcoin basics for the investments.
Others use highly automatized and sophisticated processes, including automated software that interacts with Telegram, an internet-based instant-messaging system popular among people interested in cryptocurrencies. Even when a cryptocurrency plan is legitimate, fraudsters can still manipulate its price in the marketplace.
The oldest way of giving people scams is by emailing them. Such scamsters attract the people in wrong ways by mailing them. They even form perfect fraud templates and keep on sending to various people. For instance, they can ask you to pay your tax through the link and sadly many innocents transfer their bitcoins to that link. So cautious of such scams. You need to brace yourselves up!
During that time, the newcomers often use social media to share their own referral codes with friends and contacts, bringing more people into the group chat and into the investment scheme.
There’s no actual investment of the funds in any legitimate business. Instead, when new people join, the person who recruited them gets a percentage of the new funds. Malware has been in use since years. The fraudsters create such malware to steal your password and important credentials. They have been hacking many accounts and credit cards of various people. Now they have been creating malware for hacking people having bitcoin wallets.
Some scammers go for straight-up deception. Other scams are based on impressing potential victims with jargon or claims of specialized knowledge. Once a scheme has started, it stays alive more through social media. One person gets taken in by the promise of big returns on cryptocurrency investments and spreads the word to friends and family members. He becomes the victim.
Bitcoin is an opportunity for you to progress so don’t allow these scams to bring you down. Before entering into the crypto world every person should search for all the legit platforms that deal with bitcoin trading. You should educate yourself first by amazing platforms and then start with these virtual currencies.
Ethereum Price Prediction: ETH/USD Loses as Reversal Looms; Price Eyeing $400 Support
ETH Price Prediction – October 22
The Ethereum (ETH) is currently trading at $408 after a significant dip towards $400.
Resistance levels: $450, $460, $470
Support levels: $375, $365, $355
At the time of writing, ETH/USD is trading at $408 where a bearish momentum is building. Looking at the daily chart, the technical indicator RSI (14) shows that the bearish 60-level momentum may be coming into focus after nose-diving below 67-level. However, the 9-day and 21-day moving averages are still visible, suggesting buyers have the ability to regain control.
At the time of writing, the Ethereum price remains above the moving averages around the upper boundary of the channel. However, the sustainable move above $420 may improve the immediate technical picture and allow for an extended recovery towards the psychological $440. Similarly, any further bullish movement could negate the bearish scenario and bring the resistance of $450, $460, and $470 levels into view.
Meanwhile, the RSI (14) on the daily chart points downwards, signaling that strong upside momentum is less likely at this stage. Meanwhile, a failure to regain the ground could worsen the technical picture and lay the ground for the further sell-off towards psychological support created by $390. This barrier is reinforced by the 9-day MA and has the potential to slow down the bears. Any further bearish movement could be located at $375, $365, and $355 support levels.
Against Bitcoin, the market price remains within the descending channel are the bears are dominating the market. More so, ETH/BTC is currently trading at 0.0316 BTC and the bulls couldn’t push the price to cross above the 9-day and 21-day moving averages. Looking at the chart, if the market continues to drop, the next key supports may likely be at 0.0290 BTC and below.
However, on the upside, a possible bullish movement may likely push the market above the moving averages, immediately after this, the resistance level of 0.0340 BTC and above could be visited. Meanwhile, the technical indicator RSI (14) is moving below the 45-level and this is suggesting that the market may continue to drop.
Author: FOLLOW ON
PayPal will allow users to buy, sell cryptocurrencies, including bitcoin
Meltem Demirors, chief strategy officer of CoinShares, on PayPal’s moves in bitcoin. With CNBC’s Melissa Lee and the Fast Money traders, Guy Adami, Tim Seymour, Karen Finerman and Dan Nathan. For access to live and exclusive video from CNBC subscribe to CNBC PRO: https://cnb.cx/2NGeIvi
PayPal on Wednesday announced a new feature that will allow users to buy, hold and sell cryptocurrencies, becoming the latest large financial services provider to show an interest in the space.
The company said in a press release that its new cryptocurrency service would launch in the U.S. in the coming weeks and will initially feature bitcoin, ethereum, bitcoin cash and litecoin. By early 2021, the company also plans to let customers use crypto to shop with its network of 26 million retailers.
“The shift to digital forms of currencies is inevitable, bringing with it clear advantages in terms of financial inclusion and access; efficiency, speed and resilience of the payments system; and the ability for governments to disburse funds to citizens quickly,” PayPal CEO Dan Schulman said in a statement.
“We are eager to work with central banks and regulators around the world to offer our support, and to meaningfully contribute to shaping the role that digital currencies will play in the future of global finance and commerce.”
Central banks around the world have been exploring the idea of issuing their own digital currencies. Seven of the world’s top central banks — including the Federal Reserve and European Central Bank — recently set out a framework for how such a system could work. Meanwhile, the People’s Bank of China has been forging ahead with trials for its own proposed digital currency.
To launch the feature, PayPal said it had teamed up with cryptocurrency start-up Paxos. The firm added that it has been granted a conditional virtual currency license from regulators in the state of New York. It plans to roll out the crypto features to its Venmo mobile wallet and international markets in the first half of 2021.
Turn to CNBC TV for the latest stock market news and analysis. From market futures to live price updates CNBC is the leader in business news worldwide.
The News with Shepard Smith is CNBC’s daily news podcast providing deep, non-partisan coverage and perspective on the day’s most important stories. Available to listen by 8:30pm ET / 5:30pm PT daily beginning September 30: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/29/the-news-with-shepard-smith-podcast.html?__source=youtube%7Cshepsmith%7Cpodcast
Author: by admin
Cryptocurrencies archive news by date
- PayPal could launch its cryptocurrency within 12 months – Coinshares CSO
- Blockchain maturity is yet to unfold: Chinese economist
- Paypal’s Crypto Embrace: Morgan Stanley Says Move Boon for Mass Adoption, Critics Say Payment Giant Violates Crypto Principles
- One of the Richest Bitcoin Investors Alive Just Transferred $175,100,000 in BTC As Ethereum and XRP Whales Move Millions in Crypto
- Stagnant Crypto Weekend: Bitcoin Temporarily Stopped at $13,000
- CoinShares CSO Meltem Demirors on PayPal’s Move into the Crypto Space
- IOTA is building a ‘faster horse’ with Chrysalis, claim Founders
- Top DeFi Tokens Surge with Remarkable Gains with YFI, UNI, AMPL Price Rebound
- You Can Now Earn 200% on Your Investments With ETHx2.io
- Ripple price rise 6% but under bear pressure
- Tezos, Ontology, Maker Price Analysis: 24 October
- The unluckiest DeFi protocol? A personal take on bZX’s tumultuous year
- Mike Novogratz: ‘Bitcoin As Digital Gold Is Just Going to Keep Going Higher’
- The central bank of New Zealand has no plans for CBDC.
- FinCEN and Federal Reserve tighten the screw on crypto transactions
- Bitcoin whale clusters pinpoint 3 key levels for BTC price rally to continue
- IOTA protocol is evolving towards a digital infrastructure
- EOS, IOTA, Compound Price Analysis: 24 October
- Crypto Card Game Splinterlands Announces Support for Brave’s Basic Attention (BAT) Token
- PayPal’s Crypto Offer, BTC’s 13K Break, Bahama’s CBDC and 20 Crypto Jokes
- Top DeFi Tokens Surge with Remarkable Gains with YFI, UNI, AMPL Price Rebound
- Вымогатели требовали у Ripple Labs 5 млн XRP за неразглашение компрометирующих материалов
- Братья Уинклвоссы: $500 000 за один биткоин – это лишь вопрос времени
- США намерены снизить подотчетную сумму международных транзакций до $250. Это касается и биткоина
- PrimeBit Demo Alım Satım Yarışmasında 5.000 USDT Ödül!
- Ethereum Fiyatı: ETH’da Her Sinyal Artışı İşaret Ediyor!
- Cadılar Bayramı Etkisi: Bitcoin (BTC) Ayı Rekorla Kapatır Mı?
- NULS Coin Nedir?
- Bitcoin price prediction – Bulls hold the fort at $12,800 in pursuit of $14,000
- Nigerian lawmakers draft a blockchain and cryptocurrency adoption roadmap.
- Monero Price Pulls Back from YTD High but Still Appears Bullish
- CBDC: New Zealand not planning to launch a digital currency
- The Digital Age Is Here: Crypto And Fintech Companies Soar, While Bank Stocks Tank
- Bitcoin SV long-term Price Analysis: 24 October
- Corporate Treasuries Caught Between an Inflation Rock and Bitcoin
- Justin Sun: Tron’s Daily New Accounts Have Increased by 20x Since May
- Crypto price on the rise as the stock of traditional financial institutions fall
- China Drafts Law to Legalize Digital Yuan, Outlawing Competitors
- Binance Coin, Augur, Decred Price Analysis: 24 October
- Ontology collaborates with Polkadot to accelerate DeID adoption
- Raoul Pal: Microsoft and Apple Will Buy Bitcoin Within Five Years
- Ethereum (ETH) Addresses Holding Between $1 – $10 Rises to 15 Million
- These Are Ripple’s Relocation Options if it Moves Out of the United States
- Why Hedge Fund Mogul Paul Tudor Jones Is More Bullish On Bitcoin Than Ever
- Bitcoin Fees Rise at Fastest Clip Since July 2018 Bull Run
- Rubic.exchange Integrates with Binance Smart Chain
- China’s former IT vice-minister believes blockchain technology is still young.
- Top Crypto Analyst Willy Woo Says ‘Incredible Amounts’ of BTC Buying Underway
- Cybercrime task force monitoring the global digital financial system
- Billionaire Hedge Fund Manager Paul Tudor Jones: A Bet on Bitcoin Is a Bet on Human Ingenuity