The New York Jets have reportedly dealt star safety Jamal Adams to the Seattle Seahawks ahead of the upcoming 2020 season. The Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world: Skip to content
Folks, it has happened. The Jamal Adams saga is officially over in East Rutherford, according to Brian Costello of the New York Post.
The New York Jets have sent the stud safety and a 2022 fourth-round selection to the Seattle Seahawks in a trade that provides them with multiple picks (including a pair of first-rounders) along with safety Bradley McDougald.
The trade: Jets send Jamal Adams and 2022 4th round pick to Seattle.
Jets get 2021 1st round pick, 2022 1st round pick, 2021 3rd round pick, safety Bradley McDougald. #nyj
— Brian Costello (@BrianCoz) July 25, 2020
This move comes after Adams voiced his displeasure with the organization on multiple occasions. One of the latest occurrences included Adams criticizing Jets head coach Adam Gase, stating he doesn’t believe he’s the right man for the role in which he holds.
“I don’t feel like he’s the right leader for this organization to reach the Promised Land,” Adams told Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “As a leader, what really bothers me is that he doesn’t have a relationship with everybody in the building.”
Adams requested a trade earlier this offseason amid unhappiness in regards to contract negotiations. He’s entering the fourth year of his rookie deal and is currently set to make a base salary of $825,000 in 2020.
The Jets were actually listening to calls for Adams near last year’s trade deadline, but nothing came to legitimate fruition. Despite that quite literally being in the job description of general manager Joe Douglas, it’s a move that upset the young player.
Adams will now join a defense that struggled mightily last year. In 2019, Seattle finished with an average of 381.6 total yards allowed per game, a mark that put the team at 26th in the league in those regards. The Seahawks additionally finished 27th with 263.9 passing yards allowed per contest. Thus, Adams will surely assist in the development of this unit.
The Latest: Bucks G Pat Connaughton headed to Florida bubble
The Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:
Milwaukee Bucks reserve guard Pat Connaughton flew to Florida on Saturday after a positive coronavirus test had kept him from joining his teammates at Walt Disney World two weeks earlier.
The Bucks tweeted out a video of Connaughton sitting in an airplane and saying, “heading to Orlando to meet up with my teammates.”
Connaughton and starting point guard Eric Bledsoe hadn’t been part of the Bucks’ original traveling party to Disney World because both had tested positive, though both players have said they were asymptomatic.
Bledsoe arrived in Florida on Wednesday and practiced with his teammates Friday.
The Rutgers football team announced six additional positive tests for COVID-19 on Saturday. Since returning to campus on June 15 the program has had 10 total positive tests.
The school said that it has paused all in-person team activities and quarantined the entire football program and will work with medical experts to determine the next steps.
Cincinnati Reds infielder Matt Davidson tested positive for COVID-19 and went on the 10-day injured list one day after he started the opener as a DH.
Davidson popped out and grounded into a double play during the Reds’ 7-1 win over the Detroit Tigers at Great American Ball Park on Friday night. He left for a pinch-hitter.
The Reds signed the 29-year-old to a minor league deal earlier this year. He also played for the Diamondbacks and White Sox. Davidson hit three homers in Chicago’s season opener in 2018.
New York Mets relief pitcher Brad Brach says he missed preseason camp because he tested positive for the coronavirus.
Brach confirmed he and his pregnant wife both had COVID-19 and experienced mild symptoms, including loss of taste.
Jenae Brach gave birth to healthy twin boys, Carson and Brody, on July 17. Brad Brach helped the family settle into their Tennessee home before reporting to the Mets on Saturday.
“Couldn’t have worked out better, honestly,” Brach said.
The 34-year-old right-hander had a 3.68 ERA in 16 games with New York last year after being released by the Chicago Cubs midseason. The Mets had not disclosed Brach’s positive test prior to Saturday. It’s unclear when Brach will be added to the active roster.
Another New York reliever, Jared Hughes, also recently returned to the club after missing the start of summer camp for undisclosed reasons.
Milwaukee Brewers shortstop Luis Urias has been cleared to return to baseball activity after testing positive for coronavirus before the start of Major League Baseball’s preseason summer camp.
The Brewers are sending Urias to their secondary facility in Appleton, Wisconsin. The Brewers have said Urias remained asymptomatic while going through the MLB protocols on returning to action.
“It’s just a matter of really just getting into baseball shape, getting live at bats and going at a good pace,” Brewers manager Craig Counsell said. “The other guys all got three weeks. I think he can be at a place where he’s maybe a little bit quicker, but it’s going to take some time.”
The Brewers have said Urias remained asymptomatic while going through the MLB protocols.
Milwaukee acquired Urias along with pitcher Eric Lauer in an offseason trade that sent outfielder Tyler Grisham and pitcher Zach Davies to San Diego.
More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.
Author: The Washington Times http://www.washingtontimes.com
Smart Utilities Management Market Growth and Demand 2020 Global Industry Segmentation Analysis by Manufacturing Size, Trending Status of Manufacturers till 2024 – Bulletin Line
The “Smart Utilities Management Market” report covers the overview of the market and presents the information on business development, market size, and share scenario. The report also emphasizes on the growth prospects of the global Smart Utilities Management market for the period 2020-2024. The report covers market characteristics for each segmentation across the key regions and country and traces the historic and forecast analysis of the industry. The report covers key vendors their revenue, breakdown by regions, and product demand. Other key details include volume, installed capacity, value chain.
Scope of the Report:
Smart utility network is the culmination of three different but mostly interconnected segments, namely smart meter/advanced metering infrastructure (AMI), smart consumer applications, and grid-level applications. It is further divided into meter data management system, energy monitoring/management, smart distribution management.
For More Information or Query or Customization Before Buying, Visit at – https://www.industryresearch.co/enquiry/pre-order-enquiry/14244538
Key Market Trends:
Power Sector Hits Growth with Meter Data Management System
– A majority of the utilities are currently concentrating on setting up AMI infrastructure for meeting administrative requirements, green power initiatives, and additional business benefits.
– Large volumes of data are being collected, with AMI meters being deployed, but utility providers have not started realizing the benefits of received data and other AMI capabilities to remotely perform transactions, apart from just accepting the monthly billing read.
– Increasing investments in smart grid systems around the world are one of the primary factors driving the growth of these systems. Governments around the world are pushing for the deployment of AMI, in order to automate the existing operations and push technological growth. With smart grid systems offering high efficiency and helping in cost saving, the demand for smart grid is growing, thus having a direct impact on the growth of smart meters.
– The Ministry of Power in India launched the India Smart Grid Week (ISGW) since 2015 and it is considered as one of the top five international events on smart grids and smart cities. With the launching of 100 smart city projects by the government of India, water and city gas distribution utilities will also need to equip themselves with the latest technologies for improved operational efficiency and successful integration into the smart city systems.
Asia -Pacific to Emerge as the Fastest Growing Market
– In Asia-Pacific, in the recent past, countries, such as Australia, Japan, and South Korea have shown considerable strides in their efforts to smarten their utility network systems.
– For instance, in the case of Japan, its major utilities have committed toward the widespread smart meter rollouts by 2024, that could lead to installations of over 78 million smart meters across residential and low-use customers. The number of smart meters installations exceeded 10 million in 2016. Besides, the four major electric utilities, namely TEPCO, Tohoku Electric Power Co., Hokuriku Electric Power Co., and Kyushu Electric Power Co., have installed 750,000 smart meters in commercial premises, and are planning to complete their rollouts by the end of 2018.
– In China, the State Grid Corporation installed around 90 million units of smart meters in 2014 and 2015. More than 100 local developers of smart meters are focusing on the up gradation of existing core technologies and communication modes, as they are being the major reasons for many concerns in the Chinese smart meters market.
– Similarly, Victoria in Australia has been the first in the race toward a complete smart meter rollout, which was undertaken by SP AusNet and four other electricity distribution providers. Such advancements in the region have led to an increased dependence on smart utilities management software and services, due to the increased efficiency it allows major utility providers.
The report provides key statistics on the market status of the Smart Utilities Management Market manufacturers and is a valuable source of guidance and direction for companies and individuals interested in the Smart Utilities Management .
Purchase this Report (Price 4250 USD for a single-user license) – https://www.industryresearch.co/purchase/14244538
Key Insights of Smart Utilities Management Market:
Smart Utilities Management Market Report Covers Following Points in TOC:
For Detailed TOC Click Here
Name: Ajay More
Phone: US +14242530807/ UK +44 20 3239 8187
Email: [email protected]
Our Other Reports:
Marine Internet of Things (IoT) Market Analysis by Global Size 2020: Company Overview with Top Manufacturers, Competitive Landscape, Growth Rate till 2024
Podoscope Market Share Forecast Analysis 2020 Industry Top Players with Trends, Global Growth Rate by Size Expansion Strategies by 2026 Report Includes COVID-19 Analysis
Rhodium Carbon Catalyst Market Share with Growth Rate 2020-2026 | Industry Revenue Forecast by Product Type, Applications and Regions and COVID-19 impact
Online Beauty and Personal Care Products Market Size, Global Trends Evaluations 2020 Competitive Strategies, Key Players, Business Growth Rate, Technology, Development Status till 2024
Clutch Bag Market Growth Rate 2020 Competitive Landscape of Key Players, Industry Size, Global Share, Business Statistics and Professional Analysis till 2024
Virgin Polyester Staple Fiber Market Business Strategy, Development Plans 2020: Trends Analysis, Industry Outlook, Global Opportunities, Market Share and Size, Present Scenario of Manufacturers Forecast to 2026