Cryptocurrencies latest news and history organized by date that contains 1000000+ news archives. Click here to read what world was saying about cryptocurrencies. Huobi Crypto Savings Opens Doors to Financial Empowerment This morning’s Bank of Canada rate decision prodded the Canadian Dollar and USD/CAD has sunk down to a key zone of support for a crucial test. There are more than a thousand cryptocurrencies in existence but today we’ll be looking at the top 5 cryptocurrency list worth looking at aside from bitcoin.
In 2013, 19-year old programmer Vitalik Buterin issued a white paper about Ethereum, which was released two years later in 2015. Ethe
- The Block Research | September Analyst Call
- SushiSwap Set to Drain Nearly $1 Billion From Rival Uniswap
- Mastercard launches customizable CBDC testing platform
- Yearn.finance (YFI) surges 30% in 1 day: what’s fueling the rapid rally?
- Blockchain-Based Twitter Alternative Twetch Adds Encrypted Chat Feature
- Bitcoin: ‘The next generation’s version of gold’, says DCG’s Barry Silbert
- Centre’s USDC coin is now supported by Algorand in addition to Ethereum
- Correlation between bitcoin and S&P500 nears all time high
- Amid Stablecoin Boom, Coinbase’s USDC Expands to Algorand
- How a Phone Seller in Africa Changed His Business with BTC
- Bitcoin SV, Ethereum Classic, VeChain Price Analysis: 09 September
- ‘Absolute Raging Mania’: Famed Investor Druckenmiller Thinks 10% Inflation Is Possible
- Types of Consensus Algorithms
- Market Wrap: Bitcoin Makes Headway to $10.3K; Ether Volatility Highest Since May
- Uniswap Adds 1,000 New Token Pairs in One Week; Buyers Beware
- Targeted by IRS? What Cryptocurrency Owners Should Know
- Owning a Bitcoin ATM is about to get a lot harder in Germany
- 3 reasons why the Bitcoin dominance metric is a flawed indicator
- Uniswap Liquidity Plunges as Sushi Migrates Successfully
- Crypto Chartbook: Train Like You Play
- Litecoin’s battle for relevance has only gotten worse
- Solana Price Jumps by Over 33% in Hour After Tether Addition
- Ethereum Foundation announces $3.8M in new grants
- ‘My heart is crypto’ — Dave Portnoy says he’s back into Bitcoin trading
- Developers propose a solution against ‘stealth mining’ to Ethereum Classic community
- DCG acquires Luno crypto wallet
- Blockchain’s demographics seem to be shifting in surprising ways, says new report
- Use of Bitcoin and Crypto for Money Laundering Minuscule Compared to Cash, Report Shows
- IRS Spends $250,000 on Analytics Tools As Crypto Focus Grows
- Bitcoin’s price correction rewrites its relationship with the alts
- Here’s why analysts say SUSHI tokens are worth only $0.31
- Gemini Exchange Partners with Options for Added Security and Management
- DeFi, Stablecoins Push Ethereum Past Bitcoin in Economic Activity
- ETC labs announces partnership with Chainalysis
- Bitcoin, Gold and the S&P 500 Are Increasingly Correlated
- SushiSwap Migration Ushers in Era of ‘Protocol Politicians’
- NYAG and Bitfinex to conference with the New York Supreme Court on disputed documents
- SushiSwap has officially migrated away from Uniswap after a week of ups and downs
- How a DeFi Trader Made $290,000 With Just $200
- The Logbook: The first time the SEC sued a minor
- How (successful) applications can be parasitic to blockchain security
- Digital assets are delivering outsized returns for some active managers while traditional hedge funds fumble
- Germany Bitcoin ATM operators now illegal without license
- Decentralized Data Firm Wants to Take on Fake News
- 6 Members of the Multi-Billion Dollar Plustoken Scam Charged With Fraud in China
- Game review: Adoraboos is free and that’s the best thing about it
- US legislators approve bills for study of blockchain in commerce
- Ren and UMA launch a Bitcoin-backed yield dollar
- Oops: a “rookie” Ethereum DeFi user just burned $1 million in USDT
- Pandemic Will Speed Bitcoin Adoption, Says DBS Bank Economist
- Banks failing to identify up to 90% of suspicious crypto transactions
- Bitcoin Technical Analysis: BTC Blasts Through Triangle Resistance, All Eyes On $10,800
- Minecraft Will Get In-Game Cryptocurrency Items with Enjin
- UBS and Barclays’ Digital Settlement Coin Project Delayed
- SWIFT Says Criminals Prefer Cash for Money Laundering, Not Cryptocurrency
- Polkadot Price Forecast: DOT flashing Buy Signals but Is It the Right Time to Buy?
- CipherTrace: About 90% suspicious crypto transactions are slipping banks’ radar
- Future Tesla S&P 500 inclusion may lead to Bitcoin price rally — Analysts
- Chinese authorities charge six people over $5.8B PlusToken ponzi scheme
- ETC Labs Partners with Chainalysis, Provides KYT Solution
- Small value crypto transfers in Africa have increased by 55%
- Whale vault gobbles up virtual real estate for development in The Sandbox
- Crypto transactions in Africa on the rise: research
- DistX is Taking the Crypto World by Storm
- FTX founder proposes a plan for DeFi project SushiSwap
- Crypto Market Cap Gains $22 Billion As Bitcoin, Wall-Street And Gold Rebound Massively
- TRON’s Sun token will be distributed earlier than planned
- Litecoin (LTC) Price Analysis: Fresh Bullish Breakout Likely Above $50
- New crypto watchdog in Europe tough on Libra
- SushiSwap Liquidity Hits $1.35 Billion After Successful Migration
- Chinese authorities charge six people linked with the massive crypto Ponzi scheme PlusToken – a report by Saumil Kohli.
- DeFi tokens rebound with 19% bounce in 24 hours
- Ethereum Flips Bitcoin For Average Weekly Transfer Value
- Small value transfers involving cryptocurrencies increase by 55% in Africa – a report by Saumil Kohli.
- Bitpanda lists VeChain VET token – VeChain authentication for Chase Shiel sneakers
- Weeks After Losing $25K In Bitcoin, Barstool Sports Founder Dave Portnoy Is Ready To Invest In Crypto Again
- Tether to Launch on Solana Blockchain For ‘Nasdaq Speed’ Transactions
- $715,000,000 Bitcoin (BTC) Wallet Up For Grabs Among Crypto Sleuths
- Neo (NEO) Dives into DeFi with Flamingo Finance (FLM)
- Twetch, Twitter’s Blockchain-based Competitor, Launches In-Chat Payments
- NiceHash Denies It Enabled 51% Attacks on Ethereum Classic
- Slovak ETERBASE exchange admits to a $5.4 million hack
- Mastercard Extends Helps to Central Banks, Unveils Platform to Test National Digital Currencies
- Tether launches on Solana to leverage high speeds and low costs
- EOS Price Analysis: Positive Signs Emerge Above $2.7
- Crypto Whale Warns Of Growing DeFi Scams As Another Protocol Exits Market With Funds Worth $20M
- Market Analysis Report (10 Sep 2020)
- Hackers Demand $7.7 Million in Bitcoin From Electricity Company
- Fiat Devaluation Drives Retail Bitcoin Transfers in Africa 56% in a Year: Report
- Polkadot, EOS, Compound Price Analysis: 10 September
- How to Watch INX’s IPO in Real Time on the Ethereum Blockchain
- Barry Silbert’s Digital Currency Group Acquires Retail-Focused Crypto Exchange Luno
- UBS Postpones Its Digital Settlement Coin Project with Barclays
- Ex-CIA agent drags Microsoft’s crypto patent into right-wing conspiracy
- TRON Partners with PAC Global to Revolutionize Decentralized Storage
- ‘Fear’ hijacks Bitcoin premium rates; Volume to the rescue?
- Belarusian Non-Profit BYSOL Bringing Bitcoin Grants to Repressed Protesters
- Leaving Uniswap Behind: SushiSwap Holds 225% More In Total Value Locked Post Migration
- Did Dysfunctional Governance Cause the Fall of Dash?
- Australian University Finds Privacy Issues With Blockchain Technology
- Cosmos Trades Below $5.5 with Lack of Short-Term Support
- Bitcoin, Ripple & Co.: Corona verhilft Kryptowährungen zu Liquiditätswelle
- Satoshi Nakaboto: ‘More than 823K addresses now hold more than 1 BTC’
Huobi Crypto Savings Opens Doors to Financial Empowerment
LONDON, Sept. 9, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — Huobi’s cryptocurrency-based savings product has opened the doors to financial empowerment through savings and impressive interest rates to a section of the global population once removed from banking benefits.
Cryptocurrency has long been touted as a tool for the 1.7 billion-strong unbanked population globally with its inclusive and more flexible nature. The use of cryptocurrencies for the unbanked and others in struggling markets, is clear and obvious in terms of transactional usage, but with Huobi Crypto Savings, there is new financial empowerment.
The set-up for the new accounts with Huobi Crypto Savings is flexible, enabling users to make deposits and withdrawals at any time. Interest will be paid out daily to users’ crypto savings accounts, with support for real-time settlement.
The current annual yield for deposits in USDT is 8 percent, while deposits in Bitcoin yield 3.5 percent. For “newbies,” Huobi is offering a specialized account rate with an annualized yield of 88% for the first week.
Ciara Sun, the vice president of Huobi Global Markets, has said that there is a clear and obvious demand for such a product, especially for those who have been excluded from the traditional banking sector.
Sun has said that the momentum behind the new product was user-driven, claiming:
“We have a lot of users who want to keep their assets in one place and want to earn a good rofit worry-free. We hear their demand loud [and] clear, we react to it fast.”
Big in Nigeria
Huobi spoke with some of its customers in Nigeria about the impact a crypto savings product and the use of USDT and BTC has on their day to day lives.
Daniel Bishuddha, 27, is a freelance community manager. He said:
“I use cryptocurrencies and make transactions with my friends and families. The bank we use can be occasionally congested so sometimes it takes 1-3 days to successfully transfer the money,”
“It means I need to run to the bank personally to check for the notification and see if the transaction is successful. Crypto transfer is much more convenient. 70% of my income is paid in cryptocurrencies. “
Folaranmi Oladipupo, 44, another Freelance community manager, added:
“50% of my income is paid in cryptocurrencies and I use 20% of them to purchase food, groceries and electronic products overseas in crypto.”
“Many stores online do accept cryptocurrency as a form of payment now. For example, I purchased a laptop with USDT from the U.S. last year. And clothing outside of Nigeria”
Benedict Sayon, 37, a copywriter, said:
“I freelance online and the crypto industry definitely creates a lot of job opportunities for us. And USDT definitely forms a big part of my income. I can exchange the USDT to Naira at local exchanges for daily expenses and many people here in Nigeria don’t like to save the money in the bank due to low interest and negative interest rate. I am excited that Huobi decided to launch the crypto savings product, so the money is always under constant flow to drive profit.”
Currently, the product is restricted in some countries and as such, residents of China, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, the United States, Germany, Canada and the United Kingdom are, for now, not eligible for the offering.
Additionally, Huobi’s new crypto savings product will be available to roughly 1,000 users. Each individual account will have a 3,000 Tether (USDT) limit — or the equivalent value in Bitcoin (BTC).
But, to incentivize users to try the new product, Huobi is putting up 30,000 USDT for users to earn. This is available to users who deposit a minimum of 100 USDT for 48 hours, and enable Auto-transfer. (The system will transfer the available balances of your Exchange Account to your Savings Account. You can quickly redeem it with one click.)
The first users to do this will be rewarded with 10 USDTon a first come, first served basis
Click here to save crypto asset Huobi.
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/huobi-crypto-savings-opens-doors-to-financial-empowerment-301126737.html
SOURCE Huobi Global
[ Back To TMCnet.com’s Homepage ]
Canadian Dollar Price Forecast: USDCAD Pulls Back to Support post-BoC
- This morning’s Bank of Canada rate decision brought upon a strong Canadian Dollar.
- This allowed USD/CAD to pullback to a key area on the chart, a price that had set support in late-August showed as resistance last week. But after this week’s breakout, that level has may be repurposed as support.
- Can bulls continue to drive USD/CAD? If there is a grander USD-recovery theme at play, the long side of USD/CAD may hold some attractiveness for those looking at bullish US Dollar themes.
- The analysis contained in article relies on price action and chart formations. To learn more about price action or chart patterns, check out our DailyFX Education section.
It’s been a rough summer for US Dollar bulls as the currency has spent much of the past few months in varying forms of sell-off. But with Labor Day now in the rear view mirror the potential for change is afoot; and the USD has begun to bounce from a key area of longer-term support that may soon allow for the longer-term tides to turn.
This theme has been on full display in USD/CAD of recent. Towards the end of August, as USD bears were getting their run, USD/CAD had built into a descending triangle-like pattern, with horizontal support at a confluent spot on the chart around 1.3150 as sellers continued to produce a series of lower-highs. As looked at in the webinar a few weeks ago, that impasse was unlikely to last, and given the harboring potential of a descending triangle pattern, this kept the door open to bearish breakdown potential – which is what ended up happening in the week after.
That bearish breakdown showed a clean and strong run down for a re-test of the 1.3000 handle – the same level that loomed large around the beginning of this year; and that’s the point where the proverbial music stopped for USD/CAD bears as the pair began to dig its heels into support.
Chart prepared by James Stanley; USDCAD on Tradingview
After last week’s hold of support around the 1.3000 psychological level, buyers posed a quick push up to the same 1.3130-3150 area that had caught support in the previous week. This zone even elicited a bit of resistance, albeit temporarily; but USD/CAD bulls returned in the early-portion of this week to stage a strong topside breakout, allowing for prices to rally up to the 1.3250 area on the chart, which held into this morning’s Bank of Canada rate decision.
Chart prepared by James Stanley; USDCAD on Tradingview
As looked at in yesterday’s webinar, the bullish breakout in USD/CAD appeared to mirror the similar theme showing in the USD with the addition of some CAD-weakness. After this morning’s Bank of Canada rate decision, prices in the pair fell back to that familiar zone around 1.3130-1.3150 and has begun to show a bit of support.
This keeps the door open for bullish strategies in the pair, particularly for those looking to on-board USD-strength into their approaches.
Chart prepared by James Stanley; USDCAD on Tradingview
— Written by James Stanley, Strategist for DailyFX.com
Contact and follow James on Twitter: @JStanleyFX
Author: James Stanley
A Cryptocurrency List That Does Not Include Bitcoin
There are more than a thousand cryptocurrencies in existence but today we’ll be looking at the top 5 cryptocurrency list worth looking at aside from bitcoin.
In 2013, 19-year old programmer Vitalik Buterin issued a white paper about Ethereum, which was released two years later in 2015. Ethereum is different from Bitcoin in that it is more than a type of virtual currency. Ethereum is a platform that lets others utilize it in the creation of their own decentralized applications. Of all the items in this cryptocurrency list, Ethereum might be best one to check out. It’s underlying technology is sure to be in the forefront of innovation and it is second only to Bitcoin in terms of overall market capitalization.
Next on this cryptocurrency list is Ripple. Released in 2012, Ripple is a real-time gross settlement system that enables instant money transfers between two entities. Ripple, unlike Bitcoin, does not use blockchain technology. Instead its transactions are verified by multiple servers (owned by individuals or even banks) that are always comparing their records.
Litecoin was the product of Charlie Lee, a former Google employee. Released in 2011, Lee aimed at solving some of the problems that bitcoin had such as its fees, transaction times and more. Litecoin is almost the same as bitcoin aside from certain things such as its proof-of-work algorithm. Bitcoin uses SHA-256 while Litecoin uses script.
Originally known as Darkcoin, Dash was launched in 2014 with improved privacy compared to Bitcoin. Dash achieves this anonymity through the help of Masternodes which make transactions almost untraceable.
This final item on this cryptocurrency list is IOTA. IOTA uses a platform called tangle instead of the blockchain technology cryptocurrencies are paired with most of the time. With Tangle, in order for network participants to place a transaction, they must first validate two earlier transactions beforehand. In place of transaction fees, you only have to give up some of your device’s computing power into the network.
// Track key page views (ex: product page, landing page or article)
Author: Written by News